· Felipe qualified third and Valtteri fourth to secure an all-Williams second row for tomorrow’s British Grand Prix.
· As the final runs of Q3 approached Valtteri sat P3 with Felipe P4, but it was Felipe who was to improve on his final run to move ahead of his teammate.
Rob Smedley, Head of Performance Engineering: I'm really happy with how qualifying went, it's a great position and is well deserved. The improvement from yesterday shows we did the right homework yesterday and after FP3. The main thing now is to convert it into the right amount of points tomorrow. We're going to be doing everything we can to get at least one of our cars on the podium. The car has been good over long runs all weekend, so hopefully that should bode well for the race.
Felipe Massa: It was a fantastic day for us at our home Grand Prix and it's great to have us P3 and P4. I enjoyed fighting closely with Valtteri and exchanging lap times. The wind into Copse was really strong and that affected the balance of the car, so I made sure to be cautious and not to waste a lap by running wide. It's very important for us to show that we have the pace to get both cars ahead of everyone except from Mercedes. Tomorrow won't be easy but we are ready for it and it will be an exciting race.
Valtteri Bottas: We knew how much we could improve today but we were still a little bit surprised it was so much and that's a good thing because tomorrow could be a very good race for us. Of course you always want to be in front of your teammate but we had a good battle and Felipe improved a bit more at the end. It's great to be in front of our closest Championship rivals with both of our cars. That is a really good starting point and we now have the upper hand for the podium fight.
Track Silverstone, Northamptonshire, Weather Warm and Windy
Lap Length 5.891kms / 3.660 miles Temperature Air: 22 - 24°C Track: 35 - 41°C
Pos Driver Team Q1 Q2 Q3
1. L. Hamilton Mercedes 1:33.796 (4th) 1:33.068 (3rd) 1:32.248
2. N. Rosberg Mercedes 1:33.475 (2nd) 1:32.737 (1st) 1:32.361
3. F. Massa WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:34.542 (9th) 1:33.707 (7th) 1:33.085
4. V. Bottas WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:34.171 (5th) 1:33.020 (2nd) 1:33.149