25 October

United States Grand Prix – Qualifying

Saturday, 24.10.2015
Weather: FP3: rainy and wet, 19-20°C air, 21-22°C track

Qualifying to the United States Grand Prix was cancelled at 4 pm local time due to the severe weather conditions. The expected heavy rain caused a lot of water on the Circuit of the Americas, making some parts of the track undrivable. Therefore, qualifying has been postponed until Sunday morning at 9 am local time (3 pm CET); the race start will remain unchanged at 2 pm local time (8 pm CET). In the morning the weather allowed FP3 to be held in wet conditions, and in this session Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr were able to run 13 and ten laps respectively.

Marcus Ericsson (car number 9):
Sauber C34-Ferrari (Chassis 02/Ferrari)
Qualifying: Cancelled
3rd practice: 15th (2:04.399 min / wet tyres / 13 laps)
“Because of the weather conditions we could only run on wet tyres today – just ten laps for me in FP3. As it is the first time I have driven on this track, I had hoped for better conditions with more driving time. I think this track suits me well. However, the circumstances are the same for everyone, so we have to deal with it. I am looking forward to tomorrow and having qualifying and the race on the same day.”

Felipe Nasr (car number 12):
Sauber C34-Ferrari (Chassis 03/Ferrari)
Qualifying: Cancelled
3rd practice: 19th (2:06.792 min / wet tyres / 10 laps)
“At least it was positive that I was able to run my first ten laps with the Sauber C34-Ferrari today in the morning. Yesterday Raffaele (Marciello) was in the cockpit for FP1, and the afternoon session was then cancelled due to the heavy rain. Today I cannot be satisfied with my lap time on wet tyres. I would have needed more laps to test different set-ups for the car. Tomorrow we will have a busy programme ahead of us.“
posted at 10:42:24 on 10/25/15 by webmaster - Category: races