Driver: Felipe Massa
Chassis / Engine: FW38-02 / PU106C Hybrid
Location: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, 4.655km
Weather: Warm and Dry
Maximum air & track temps: 18ºC / 27ºC
Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer:
It’s been another very successful day. We followed the pattern of the previous few days where we’ve done some longer runs and set-up work in the morning. We conducted a qualifying simulation this afternoon which was a little bit tricky due to the wind conditions. Then we completed more aero and development work, as well as ticking all the boxes in our reliability check list. We did 129 laps with no problems at all. It’s been a very successful, but busy, second week of testing. The team and drivers have done very well. I’m very happy with that, overall very pleased, and we look forward to Melbourne.
Today was another good day for us. We managed to do a lot of laps again. I’m really happy with this week, the amount of laps we did, and the work we have done to understand the car. Today was a similarly successful day to yesterday. We will know more about where we are in Australia. I am happy and totally ready to start the season. Not just me but everybody. The mechanics, the engineers, the whole team. We’ve done a good job to prepare the car in the best way, so I hope we start well in the first race.
Position Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. S. Vettel Ferrari 1:22.852 29 / 142
2. C. Sainz Toro Rosso 1:23.134 49 / 133
3. F. Massa WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:23.644 93 / 129
4. S. Perez Force India F1 Team 1:23.721 36 / 60
5. L. Hamilton Mercedes AMG F1 Team 1:24.133 21 / 69
6. D. Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 1:24.427 54 / 123
7. J. Button McLaren 1:24.714 23 / 121
8. J. Palmer Renault Sport F1 Team 1:24.859 29 / 90
9. M. Ericsson Sauber F1 Team 1:25.031 49 / 132
10. R. Grosjean Haas F1 Team 1:25.255 17 / 66
11. E. Gutierrez Haas F1 Team 1.25.422 20 / 25
12. R. Haryanto Manor F1 Team 1:25.899 20 / 58
13. N. Rosberg Mercedes AMG F1 Team 1:26.140 69 / 70
Williams Martini Racing and the FW38 return to track with Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa for the first Grand Prix weekend of the season in Australia from 17th – 20th March.