Driver: Felipe Massa
Chassis / Engine: FW38-01 / PU106C Hybrid
Location: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, 4.655km
Weather: Warm and Dry
Maximum air & track temps: 23ºC / 44ºC
Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer: It was another productive day to end the test. We spent most of the time with Felipe looking at the aero performance of the current car and looking into development work for next year as well. It was a fairly positive day with a clear direction, and we’ll be using that data to feed back into the development work we are doing at the moment for this year’s and next year’s car.
Felipe Massa: It was an interesting test. We worked on so many things for developing and improving the car on the aero side, which was our biggest aim for these two days. We tried a lot of different things for the future so it has been an important two days and key to get a lot of mileage.
Position Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. M. Verstappen Red Bull Racing 1:23.267 43 / 118
2. S. Vandoorne McLaren 1:24.006 23 / 108
3. P. Wehrlein Mercedes AMG F1 Team 1:24.145 85 / 133
4. E. Gutierrez Haas F1 Team 1:24.592 74 / 105
5. A. Fuoco Ferrari 1:24.720 116 / 118
6. D. Kvyat Toro Rosso 1:24.737 10 / 116
7. A. Celis Force India 1:25.016 100 / 103
8. K. Magnussen Renault Sport F1 Team 1:25.133 12 / 122
9. F. Massa WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:27.167 10 / 94
10. J. King Manor F1 Team 1:27.615 43 / 91
Williams Martini Racing will be back on track next week for the Monaco Grand Prix.