Driver: Felipe Massa
Chassis / Engine: FW40-01 / Mercedes-AMG F1 M08 EQ Power+
Location: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, 4.655km
Weather: Warm and Dry
Maximum air & track temps: 20ºC / 26ºC
Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer:
It was an excellent day for the team today. We were a little on the back foot after the first test, so we modified our test programme to make up for some of the lost track time, and cover as much work as we could . We did this successfully and completed our programme on schedule. We planned for 165 laps and we’ve done slightly better than that with 168, so we’re very happy. We got some really significant testing done today.
It was a very long day but it was definitely a great one for the team. We managed to do 168 laps so for the car, the team, and the reliability, it was definitely a great day. We did everything we were supposed to do. It’s always nice when you finish a day of testing and you’ve done everything that you planned to do, including completing a race distance. Our laptimes were also competitive, which is always a good feeling. We’re still at the beginning of the year and there’s so many things to do and to understand, to figure out where we are compared to the others, but it’s definitely a very positive day. I’m happy with all of the laps that I did and the job that the whole team did today was great.
Position Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. F. Massa WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:19.726 56 / 168
2. D. Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 1:19.900 45 / 89
3. S. Vettel Scuderia Ferrari 1:19.906 108 / 168
4. L. Hamilton Mercedes AMG Motorsport 1:20.456 35 / 49
5. V. Bottas Mercedes AMG Motorsport 1:20.924 72 / 86
6. E. Ocon Force India F1 Team 1:21.347 56 / 142
7. N. Hulkenberg Renault Sport F1 Team 1:21.589 25 / 58
8. K. Magnussen Haas F1 Team 1:21.676 36 / 81
9. D. Kvyat Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:21.743 70 / 83
10. S. Vandoorne McLaren 1:22.537 45 / 80
11. P. Wehrlein Sauber F1 Team 1:23.336 37 / 47
12. M. Ericsson Sauber F1 Team 1:23.630 13 / 53
13. J. Palmer Renault Sport F1 Team 1:24.790 8 / 15
Williams Martini Racing returns to track tomorrow with Felipe Massa in the morning session and Lance Stroll in the afternoon session.