Driver: Lance Stroll (AM), Sergey Sirotkin (PM)
Chassis / Engine: FW41-01 / Mercedes-AMG F1 M09 EQ Power+
Location: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, 4.655 km
Weather: Warm and dry
Temperatures (min-max): Air 11-18ºC / Track 13-29ºC
Paddy Lowe, Chief Technical Officer: We had the best weather so far of this pre-season testing period with clear skies, and it was relatively warm without significant wind. We had a bit of a slow start with a small issue on the car which unfortunately took an hour to understand, but then Lance achieved a very good set of runs, running sets of new softs doing performance tests, and that took us to lunchtime. We managed a lot of work very quickly at lunchtime to get out just after two o’clock with Sergey doing extensive work on soft tyres at high fuel. The afternoon was interrupted by an electrical issue which again, lost us about an hour, but we continued that work into a race simulation, including the hypersoft tyre as we did yesterday. We ended the day with the FIA restart sequence tests. We managed a very decent lap count although it would have been far higher if we hadn’t lost an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon.
Lance Stroll: There is not an awful lot to say about today except, like yesterday, it has been another good day. I was just in the car this morning, got plenty of running and felt good in the car. We have certainly made another step, so now it is just a matter of continuing that good rhythm and seeing where we are at the end of the week.
Sergey Sirotkin: We had a good day in total, despite a couple of small issues. We covered a lot of laps during the afternoon, including my first race simulation, so that felt good. We boxed for a small problem but we managed to sort it quite quickly, so overall, I think we can be happy with how today went.
Pos. Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. D. Ricciardo Aston Martin Red Bull Racing 1:18.047 79 / 165
2. L. Hamilton Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport 1:18.400 65 / 90
3. V. Bottas Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport 1:18.560 48 / 85
4. S. Vettel Scuderia Ferrari 1:19.541 28 / 66
5. B. Hartley Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda 1:19.823 117 / 119
6. F. Alonso McLaren F1 Team 1:19.856 8 / 57
7. C. Sainz Renault Sport Formula One Team 1:20.042 65 / 88
8. R. Grosjean Haas F1 Team 1:20.237 25 / 78
9. K. Raikkonen Scuderia Ferrari 1:20.242 18 / 49
10. L. Stroll WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:20.349 47 / 63
11. N. Hulkenberg Renault Sport Formula One Team 1:20.758 25 / 102
12. E. Ocon Sahara Force India F1 Team 1:20.805 23 / 130
13. C. Leclerc Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team 1:20.918 77 / 160
14. S. Sirotkin WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:22.350 66 / 80
The FW41 returns to the track tomorrow with Robert driving in the morning session, before handing over to Lance in the afternoon.