Driver: Valtteri Bottas
Chassis / Engine: FW37-01 / PU106B Hybrid
Location: Jerez de la Frontera 4.428km
Objectives: Aero work, systems and reliability checks
Weather: Cold and dry, rain at the end of the session
Air & track temps: 4 - 14ºC / 5 - 15ºC
Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer: We learnt a lot yesterday and have continued to build on that today. We started aero performance based work today, continuing to move through the test schedule we have set ourselves. We have had no issues with the car today, so have made good progress.
Valtteri Bottas: We have had another good day. We managed to get through all of our programme and it was only the final run that we were compromised due to the rain. The morning was dedicated to obtaining aero data, then this afternoon we focused on the longer runs, making set-up changes and analysing the results. We are learning all the time and at the moment I am really pleased with what I have felt when in the car.
Position Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. S. Vettel Ferrari 1:20.984 22 / 89
2. F. Nasr Sauber 1:21.867 68 / 88
3. V. Bottas WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:22.319 56 / 61
4. L. Hamilton Mercedes 1:22.490 11 / 91
5. M. Verstappen Toro Rosso 1:24.167 28 / 73
6. P. Maldonado Lotus 1:25.802 29 / 41
7. J. Button McLaren 1:54.655 4 / 6
8. D. Kvyat Red Bull No Time / 18
Williams Martini Racing will be back on track tomorrow, with Felipe Massa at the wheel for his first drive of the FW37 on the third day of the test.