Driver: Felipe Massa
Chassis / Engine: FW37-01 / PU106B Hybrid
Location: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, 4.655km
Objectives: Chassis and aero work
Weather: Warm and Dry
Air & track temps: 5 - 17 ºC / 9 - 30 ºC
Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer: It was Felipe’s last day in the car before Melbourne and we have had a busy day. We focused on chassis and aero work as well as longer runs on scrubbed tyres to see the degradation and tyre performance. We did a grid simulation at lunchtime to ensure the procedural processes are all in place for when we arrive in Melbourne. We have just one day of the test left now, and it will be another busy one for the team.
Felipe Massa: We had another good day with over 100 laps completed. We reached the end of the programme in good time and the car has remained very reliable over all three tests. Our long runs look positive and the car remains consistent throughout the stints. We are not the only quick car on the track though and the fight behind Mercedes will be interesting. I now have to get ready for the first race of the season in Melbourne, which I am really looking forward to.
Position Driver Team Best Time Best / Total Laps
1. L. Hamilton Mercedes 1:23.022 64 / 76
2. F. Massa WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING 1:23.262 42 / 102
3. K. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:23.276 41 / 136
4. C. Sainz Toro Rosso 1:24.191 131 / 132
5. R. Grosjean Lotus 1:24.200 115 / 116
6. M. Ericsson Sauber 1:24.477 49 / 123
7. N. Hulkenberg Force India 1:24.939 69 / 158
8. K. Magnussen McLaren 1:25.225 32 / 39
9. D. Ricciardo Red Bull 1:25.742 40 / 128
WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING will be back on track tomorrow with Valtteri Bottas behind the wheel of the FW37 for the final day of pre-season testing.